On Monday, Rylie went on her usual walk with Harley. This one ended a little different. Rylie got attacked by another dog in the neighborhood and it bit her face off basically. Well, not exactly her whole face, but her nose and the whole right side of her mouth. When I saw her, her skin was just hanging off and she was bleeding everywhere. We rushed her to the emergency vet (after hours vet= 1 million gagillion dollars fyi) and they had to sedate her and give her stitches. She did so good. She is feeling better but still a little loopy from the medicine. I have to hand feed her because she can't reach her food with the e-collar on. They say there is a chance that the blood flow in that area will not be good and the skin my die and fall off. We will have to see what happens. She goes back to the vet tomorrow to get checked out so hopefully I will know more then.
I cannot imagine what it is like to have a child that is injured... this was very traumatic for me and while I consider Rylie my child, I realize it isn't even close to the same thing. I guess you just have to have faith in the doctors that take care of them when they get hurt. The folks that took care of Rylie were great.
On a happier note, Happy Half Birthday to Mom and Terry! Their real birthdays are on December 23, so their half birthday is today! Yayyy!!

And last, this is Barkley sleeping. He is so weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment