Monday, May 12, 2014

My First Mother's Day

For several years, Mother's Day had been very difficult for me. Instead of celebrating my mom and all the wonderful mothers around me, I wanted to sleep all day and wake up when it was over. I wanted to be a mother so badly and it wasn't happening how I had planned it. But God had a greater plan, and I am so thankful He gave me the strength and patience to wait for His plan to work. Last year on Mother's Day, I was pregnant with Henley but it was still so early and I didn't want to even talk about it. I was so afraid we would lose her. But again, God's plan prevailed. And this year, on Mother's Day, I couldn't be happier and more thankful to be Henley's mom. There is nothing better than being a mother. I have learned so much in the last 5 months and have really learned what is important in life.

My Mom (GG) is in Budapest and I am very sad to not spend my first Mother's Day with her. I did get to talk to her though and am looking forward to giving her a big thank you hug when she gets back.

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom, grandmother, and all the other Moms out there. To those who still yearn to be a mom, don't give up. Let God's plan work. 


You and your great Grandmother (Daddy's Gma)





Me, Mammom, You, and Aunt Seester

So thankful for you!

You and your Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment