The plan for our 5 year anniversary has always been to do something extravagant... we talked about Italy, Fiji, or going back to Hawaii. BUT we have learned over the years that plans don't always go how we want them to. Since I'm almost 7 months pregnant, flying anywhere too far is really out of the question, so we opted for a weekend at the Gaylord. The Gaylord holds a special place in our hearts- we stayed there the night we got engaged and the night we got married. It really is like a vacation getaway for us. Cheers to many, many more. I love you, boo.
Upon checkin, we were upgraded to what had to have been the presidential suite- it was huge! We went to dinner Friday night at the Old Hickory Steakhouse, which was phenomenal. Saturday, some of our friends met us out at the sports bar to watch the A&M/ Alabama game. The Aggies lost, but it was a great game (although I
might have napped through the entire second half). After the game, we went to the hotel lobby and sat by the fireplace and listened to a guy play the piano. Our friend surprised us and requested he play Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight, which was our first dance song. Terry and I got all teary eyed, and then danced. It was such a sweet moment that I'll never forget.
 |
| 9/13/13- Year 5- Gaylord Texan- Our room! |
 |
| 9/13/13- Year 5- Gaylord Texan- Dinner! |
 |
| 9/13/13- Year 5- Gaylord Texan- Dancing to our first dance song! |
 |
| 9/13/12- Year 4- Restaurant Ava |
 |
| 9/13/11- Year 3- Gaylord Texan and Delaney Vineyards |
 |
| 9/13/10- Year 2- Secrets Maroma Beach (Mexico) |
 |
| 9/13/09- Year 1- Sambuca and ZaZa |
 |
| 9/13/08- Best Day Of My Life |
No comments:
Post a Comment