Monday, September 14, 2009

Our One Year Anniversary

Wow, the time has flown by! Today one year ago I married my best friend & my soulmate. We had such a wonderful weekend.
Saturday morning I woke up to beautiful flowers and a card. We decided not to give each other gifts this year, but I am pretty sure flowers are a gift! Good thing I had a small gift for Terry too! I did a photo shoot and made him a calendar. I think he really liked it!
Saturday night we checked into hotel ZaZa to find that Terry's mom had upgraded us to the 2Hot2Handle package, which gave us free drinks at Dragonfly, free breakfast, and a couple's massage. It was a very nice surprise! We hung out in the room until our dinner reservations at Sambuca at 8. Despite the rain, Sambuca was packed, and our table wasn't ready. The manager apologized and asked what we were drinking, and she "bought" us a drink! We love Sambuca not only because the food is great, but the atmosphere is so fun. They have a live band playing every weekend and it is always something different. This time they played jazz. It wasn't my favorite, but it was great. I had salmon stuffed with crab meat and Terry had steak with shrimp. When we finished dinner, we went back to Dragonfly for a few drinks. The next morning we got up at 9 and went down for breakfast. I had a lobster omelette and Terry had migas. Our massage was at 10 and was perfect! We watched the first part of the Cowboy game in our room, then headed to the Libertine on Greenville for lunch and to finish the game. We went home after the game ended and both took a little nap! My parents offered to cook dinner for us and Terry's parents, so we went over there at 6:30 to eat. We had steak and lobster! YUM! It was nice hanging out with both of our parents at the same time... we don't do it that often so I really enjoyed it. When we got home we decided to watch the VMAs. It was a wonderful anniversary, and I look forward to so many more with my boo.

I was really excited about my new dress!

Us at Sambuca
The wet bar in our room
Our room- it was HUGE!

Us at my parent's for dinner

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for One Year!!!! Sounds like ya'll had a good weekend! Thanks for BLOGGING!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete